As everyone is beginning to wrap up for the year saying goodbye to 2016 and looking forward to all that may be ahead in 2017, Linking London is no exception. Our National Network of Collaborative Outreach (NNCO) will be coming to an end at the end of this year and we are now starting to look ahead and plan all the work Linking London will be doing in the New Year including our new project under the National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP). In this blog post we look back, take stock and highlight some of the key outputs from our NNCO.
Our NNCO has been one part of Linking London’s work over the last two years and has enabled us to work collaboratively with partners to support all colleges in London. Providing advisers with information, advice and guidance as they work with their level 3 students and focus on supporting progression to higher level learning.
Over the course of the NNCO project, Linking London has been able to provide workshops and information sessions for advisers, personal statement support and checking for learners, a website dedicated to London advisers, plus resource booklets and guides. We have also been working with our university and college partners who have developed innovative and collaborative projects funded by their formula funding associated with the NNCO.
So here we are in December 2016, with only a few more days to go before the Linking London office closes for the Christmas period and we end the NNCO project … but we didn’t want to go before we highlighted some of the useful tools, information and resources that have come out of the NNCO work that will be available to you post December 2016…so here we go:
- HECAIL (Higher Education College Advisers in London) Adviser website: your one-stop shop for advice and guidance to help you support college learners as they explore their options, apply and progress to higher level learning.
- UCAS Personal Statement Tool: supporting level 3 college learners who are applying through UCAS
- Adviser Events: you can access the event reports and presentations from all the NNCO adviser events we ran
- Printed Resources: here you will find all the NNCO resources we have developed including, a good practice guide to admissions, four subject-specific adviser guides, and HE in FE London mapping.
And finally here are a few examples of the collaborative project work that has come from our partners:
- Reaching East Reaching London Dashboard map: an online tool containing information about schools and colleges in London, learner profile data, achievement data and outreach data.
- GetAHEAD: an online personal development planning tool aimed at adults in the workplace who are interested in study at a higher level.
All that remains for us to say is we hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and we look forward to working with many of you in 2017. The Linking London team will be blogging again in the New Year.